I was listening to a podcast recently during which it was said that finding three positives every day, even on the crap days, can really change your minds negativity.
So I decided to give it a go starting today. It was meant to be Monday (yesterday), but I decided to write that day off as a practice. Okay, I decided to sleep and eat bad food instead of blogging – don’t judge me.
I’ve just started a months’ internship so I’m going to aim to sit down and do my three positives at around 4pm (ish) when I begin to feel a bit tired and grumpy. My aim is to feel less UGH at the end of the day and I’m hoping it’s going to give me a bit of a boost as the weeks go on.
To prevent feeling like a failure if I start forgetting about this I’m going to set myself a goal date to reach. I almost said deadline, but that doesn’t sound very positive and that’s not the way to start!
The rules are:
- It must be three each and every day
- If you’re having those kind of days where you could kill someone –don’t. But do try and find even the smallest plus. For instance finding some cheese in the fridge and just enjoying it, because cheese is amazing!
- Keep all your lists until you reach your goal day and see if you notice any change.
So I’m going to give it 4 weeks as of yesterday (feels wrong to start it on a Tuesday) and aim to keep it going until the 22nd May. Which of you lovely readers are going to take part with me?
Mine today are:
- A good start to my internship
- Trying and loving risotto for the first time
- Slippers and dressing gown (simple but love).
Here’s to a happier more positive Catherine! … Plus it’s a bank holiday weekend so that’s a great way to start, BONUS!